Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Last Easton Panel..Slow Progress

I have one last panel to do for the Easton joint project and the theme is “architecture/tree”. This is a free choice so I am planning a print. The subject I have chosen is the Apple Store, one of 4 small buildings across the river in the orchard and I decided to include Spot somehow.
There are many ways to view the small and rather mysterious towers. One is from the darkness of the yew walk. There is a gap about half way down the walk which gives you a fleeting view 2 of the towers. The tall yews are as solid as buildings and anyone or anything passing by is gone in a flash. In this sketch I have 3 Spots getting closer each time and, of course, chasing an escaped apple.

I made a few rough sketches and some colour ideas…

roughs-bg

roughs-2-bg

and this drawing which I  like .. however as I was really planning a print I am having a rethink. This image is a bit fussy for a simple lino cut.

spot-with-apple-tower-n

Spot and the Apple Store..pen and wash A4

No comments:

Post a Comment