Thursday, July 24, 2014

Apple Store Print Roughs

I have redrawn the image with Spot and the Apple Store in preparation for a lino print. It is quite different with a simplified and slightly more animated Apple Store and a smaller, single version of Spot. I m thinking of two plates, a reduction print of the Apple store image and an additional plate of Spot and I am adding a swallow. They nest in the Orchard  Towers and in other outbuilding around the Gardens

roughs-3

spot-lino-bg

spot-roughs

Spot roughs

1st-col

Some first colours

plates-and-print

The second colour and the two plates

I have been using up odds and ends so its a combination of vinyl and the soft cut rubber which I am finding more and more difficult to work with. It has been very warm and I found it stretches in the press. Luckily registration is not a problem with this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment