Thursday, July 10, 2014

Easton Panel Sections: No 2 : The Chestnut Tree

The next section was rather unprepossessing, and nobody really wanted it, but when I looked at it a little closer I realised the main dark tree shape was one of the magnificent Horse Chestnuts. That’s lucky really as it gives me the opportunity to make another Chestnut Tree image for the Tree Following project, as well as make a pen and ink drawing.

This time I incorporated a rook and three distant red kites. The last time I was at Easton I saw them flying high above the chestnut trees.
We see them here too. They sometimes float silently over the garden or tumble and soar far away over the distant woods . They move so fast they can be miles away in minutes

tree-and-kites-bg

The Chestnut Tree with Rook and Red Kites. A4 pen and ink

No comments:

Post a Comment