Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Easton Panel Sections: No1: Blackbird on path:

My lovely Easton Walled Gardens painting group are working on a joint project for our Easton Show this year. The Show will be called “A Portrait of Easton” and will showcase two large panels about 6ft x 3ft. One is a collage of aspects of Easton, flowers, gardens, architecture, etc. The second is a photo. We we have divided up each panel into 24 sections which has worked out at 4 or 5 sections each. The show is at the end of August but there is so much happening that I am dedicating this week to getting my bits done.

It’s a great opportunity to try a few different approaches and having these small photo sections to explore, with the images already there is interesting and rather liberating, its comes down to interpretation.

So No1 is a section of path at the bottom of the photo panel. The path is lined with flowers but there is a plain section on the middle. While working on this image I felt a blackbird would fit in just fine. I am particularly fond of blackbirds and have used them quite a few times in work about my garden here.

bbird-e-bg

Bird on the Path: A4 watercolour.

No comments:

Post a Comment