Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mixing media

 
 
 
Having decided on the image of the blackbird , I wanted to portray it using different media, and decided on watercolour and acrylic. It was to be an exercise for me, to see how the same image would change because of both the medium I used and  how I decided to use it. You only have to sift through a brief amount of work to see the wide  range of ways people use oils, acrylics and water colours. We all have our own ideas but these can change as the opportunities and perhaps restrictions of the medium we use become obvious to us.
 
 
Acrylic on canvas 30cm x 40 cm
 
This image is just the start but I will  give myself time to stand back from it over the next week or so and think about the next step. It's easy to get impatient with work when you aren't happy with it but I find that sometimes I just need to step back and allow myself to absorb the image for a while before making any alterations.
 
 
Watercolour 30cm x 38cm
 
This is a work in progress, the tonal values need to be worked on which I think will  give it more life and energy but again, that will come as I absorb it and move onto the next stage.The interesting thing is that this work feels completely different from the acrylic painting but it's almost identical in design ........
 
I'm determined that they will both be finished so......watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment