Friday, January 31, 2014

Brown paper packages?....

Although I have been toying with making a print of barn owls, I also wanted to use a medium which I haven't used for some time......brown paper! 

The problem with it of course is that it isn't light fast but I love the texture and it is a perfect background for the ghostly image of a barn owl about to attack his prey.





I'll continue to work on this even though
I know that it will have to be placed somewhere out of the sunlight.

I really like the way the gouache paint creates a strong contrast and is easy to work with.


Perhaps my work output will increase once I've got rid of the cold which has descended on me so hopefully I'll have a finished painting to share with you before handing over to Val next week......?????!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment