Saturday, January 18, 2014

As always with my printing, things never go according to plan. I was clear in my last post that I would not be making a reduction print so of course you can imagine what happened - I ended up making one!

I was quite pleased with the first print of my 'Thought Fox' as the moon added mystery to the scene and there was a tension point between the nose of the fox and the twig.

 
As always though, I thought I could improve on it by adding more definition to the head of the fox.  This meant cutting out all the area which would remain as yellow ochre and leaving the dark blue shadows to do their work.
 
 
 
The block itself looks great at this stage as the texture of the stained, printed areas highlight those which have been newly cut.
 
 
And the final result........
 
 
I will be keeping prints of both  images as I like the different 'feel' of them, and I hope that Ted Hughes would approve of my version of his  Thought Fox.
 
Val's turn next week, but I'll be back soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment