Sunday, June 28, 2015

Some Moles

I like moles. They are yet another addition to my list of the much maligned creatures, who I feel are unjustly disliked for some bizarre reason or another. Eels, snakes, insects, frogs, nightjars are not high on natures beauty parade, are they?

My great delight in moles though is their subversive, subterranean activities which signal a bold two finger gesture to those nice green lawns and the dreadful golf courses. Go moles!

I was prompted to make this print after seeing a poor little dead mole by the roadside. I cant quite remember why I didn’t pick it up but I think it had something to do with not having anything to put it in, except my very small shoulder bag. I am such a lightweight. I should have just walked on with the mole draped over my shoulder or dangling from my belt. I may have also hesitated because I know that mole fleas are BIG. Still it’s no excuse for being so faint hearted.

Anyway mole sketches and a small print have followed, to get me back into printmaking and the blogs too.

mole sketches .

Sketchbook pages A5

many moles 

First proofs of pale grey and darker grey plates

mole-alone

First reasonable print.. my registration is getting better…2 colour lino 4 x 6

More mole stuff to come …

No comments:

Post a Comment