Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hardy hedgehogs....

 
With the warm autumn weather we've been having it's no surprise the hedgehogs are wondering what time of year it is, I just hope that they all find a home before the really cold weather starts. The colours of the autumn leaves have been particularly good this year so if they've used them for a warm bed, they'll be feeling very stylish!  Last year at this time I nearly disturbed one of these lovely creatures as I tried to tidy up the garden but fortunately discovered him [or her] before any damage was done and left the leaves all around to keep our valued little friend warm. 
 
 
Pencil sketch
 
I'll be working on another print  but there's something so special about them and I want to find out  more. There's a lot of information on the British Hedgehog Preservation Society website and after reading it  I think that I might have a go at making a hedgehog 'prefab' for the garden.....baby hedgehogs in the garden next Spring would be wonderful . Did you know a collective noun [or one of them] for hedgehogs is a 'prickle'.....sounds perfect to me. 
 


This character looks like he could do with a good home, but I love the expression on his face.....he just has to made into a print!
 
 
And finally, following the hand pressed prints of the magpie, I did some roller press prints from the same block   
 
 
The moon and the magpie. Roller pressed on Japanese paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment