Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rooks are ready!

Well, the final prints of the rooks [Corvus frugilegus] group had to be done and it's always difficult to know what the outcome will be but I was pleased with the end result, particularly as I still have a printable image at the end of the reduction print of three colours - the rooks themselves.


 Most of the prints had a strong yellow background, only one was printed in blue - my favourite one of course! I was interested to discover that the Latin word  'frugilegus'  means food gathering and some of the  collective nouns for rooks include' parliament' and 'storytelling'....and seeing these prints together I can imagine them telling stories to each other.

The yellow field of rape in the background


The blue/green background which creates an interesting contrast


Close up of rook's feet


Watercolour and lino print, using the final image of the rooks.  I will develop this as I like the birds but think I would like to change the background both with colour and perhaps cutting out some of the strong lines which contain the image.......a  piece of work which has the potential to go on developing......

No comments:

Post a Comment