Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pig Progress

Because I am planning a series of pigs I wanted to see what they would all look like together and spent some time making a page of coloured thumbnails. I think it’s a must when considering a set of anything. It helps clarify how they look and to some extent their characteristics.
It is the first time I have really looked hard at pigs. How lovely they are, with their different colours, and ears and shapes.  There may be more than 12 in the end.

Twelve pig breeds

Breeds-of-pigs-bg

12 Pig Breed sketches for Salute The Pig.

The Splendid Pig.. (working title)

I am also planning one larger piece of work in black and white. I am so inspired by the wonderful old breed paintings of those gigantic, oversized and much exaggerated prize beasts. It is going to take some time as I am hoping to include quite a few details and it will be a pen and ink piece. I am pretty rusty with fine detailed pan and ink work so will need some practise.

roughs-bg

Roughs for “A Splendid Pig”

pen-and-ink-bg 

And a pen and ink study for a bit of practice.. only another 9,998 hours to go.

More pig progress when I am back in week’s time.

No comments:

Post a Comment