Sunday, October 12, 2014

Kingfishers at night? Really??

 
I've been working on an idea for an abstract print but it isn't ready yet for the rest of the world so I've revisited an image I originally worked on earlier in the year - the kingfisher.  Somehow it seemed appropriate after drawing the feathers and I wondered how often someone finds an iridescent blue kingfisher feather.  How wonderful that would be and I would spend a very long time studying them if ever I was ever lucky enough to find one.
 
 
Lino print and watercolour
 
I know kingfishers aren't seen at night but mine has decided to see what all  the  fuss is about and have a chat to the moon....perhaps the fish will be sleepy and more easily caught?.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lino print and watercolour.
I shall do more work on this image as I want to give the water some definition and improve the
cloud formations
 
 
 
Lino cut and watercolour
 
 
This one is an extravaganza  of colour because, after all, that's what kingfishers are all about..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment